We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you.
Are you an Ecommerce brand that’s looking for Venture Capital? Our partners at Gorgias are connecting investors & entrepreneurs on a pitch competition called Vested Interest!
What’s Vested Interest?
Vested Interest is an online show where three pre-selected Ecommerce businesses are given 10 minutes to pitch their brand to three venture capital and private equity investors. Gorgias has partnered with first-rate venture capital firms like Greycroft, Swiftarc, and Rosecliff, to ensure contestants get the opportunity to connect with serious investors.
The format is very similar to Shark Tank or Dragons Den. As the Ecommerce merchant, you pitch your business’s vision to investors looking for their next significant investment.
Then the potential investors will ask a few questions about your costs, profits, operations, customer demographic, product, etc.
By the end of the episode, at least one of the three enterprises is awarded:
- A follow-up call with an investor
- Three months worth of free Gorgias access
- A web optimization audit from a Gorgias Premier partner agency
Who Should Apply?
If you’re an online merchant and are ready to scale your business, (but you need a cash injection to do so), this is the show for you. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect with high-caliber investors while gaining valuable exposure for your brand – win-win!
Ready to Appear on Vested Interest?
If you like the sound of appearing on Vested Interest, you’ll need to fill out this application.
Please note: The success of your application largely depends on the number of candidates who apply and the investors’ needs.
If you’re selected, you’ll need to prepare a one-page summary and a 10-minute presentation. Here are a few things to consider including:
- Your brand’s story: I.e., where you came from, why you launched your business, how your business has changed, where you’re at today, your company’s values, etc.
- How many team members do you have? What are their roles?
- Evidence that there’s a demand for your products – and why there’s a market for it. What problem(s) does your product(s) solve? How do your products make your customers feel?
- How much capital do you want to raise? What will you use this money for?
- What differentiates your brand from your immediate competitors
- Statistics that prove your success. For instance, your revenues (with forecasts), return rates, average order value, returning customer rates, orders, glowing customer testimonials, etc.
So, now that you have all the info you need to hit the ground running with Gorgias’ Vested Interest project, will you apply?
Are you ready to scale your eCommerce business to the next level? If so, we wish you the best of luck!